#illustrations by Rhys Owens
Postcard from Lille (and South Wales) - Arty days around the world #2
So, after leaving Roanoke we arrived in Lille, France. The country’s fourth largest city and home to a bizarre yearly tradition where restaurants chuck all the mussel shells from peoples plates into the street creating huge piles. Restaurants compete for the biggest pile thus demonstrating they’ve had the most orders for moules frites! Here’s a video of it. Anyway….
Unfortunately we didn’t have too much time to look around as goodonyourwall is moving home shortly (very exciting) so things are a bit busy, but there was plenty to see.
We came across The Dirty Cream, an online gallery and shop. Check them out. They’ve got a good range of stuff from prints to cushions.
It was at The Dirty Cream we came across the work of designer and illustrator Rhys Owens, transporting us from Lille to South Wales. Rhys’s work has been decribed as ‘urban’ however he says himself “I’m about as urban as caravan holilday at Butlins”.
Whatever you want to class it as it’s great. Above is a taster and you can check more of it out at his website (including cushions) Hidden Moves. Prints are available from £20, plus canvases, t-shirts and more.
(via hiddenmoves)Source: goodonyourwall
- ingunna-avila reblogged this from imvioletta
- petersonro02 likes this
- czumikakoooo likes this
- cotorotom likes this
- thomassethb reblogged this from hiddenmoves
- imvioletta reblogged this from hiddenmoves and added:
- thecrazypaisa reblogged this from hiddenmoves and added:
- koofstudio likes this
- epidemic-factory likes this
- nachox reblogged this from hiddenmoves
- alpharay-spectrum likes this
- hiddenmoves reblogged this from goodonyourwall
- goodonyourwall posted this